Finding money for starting up an internet home business is a crucial first step that should not be overlooked by any would-be entrepreneur. While there are lots of opportunities to start internet businesses with very little funding, there is almost always at least some seed capital required to properly fund an online business. Where to find money for starting up an online business is one of the most often asked questions by fledgling business owners. When starting a home business, the costs to set up are minimal and there are five easy ways to make money fast so you can invest the money into starting your internet business. These five ways are freelance writing, spec writing, eBay, Craigslist and freecycle.
1) Freelance writing is one of the easiest and fastest ways to make money for starting up a home business. You have a lot of options with freelance writing which include using freelance sites like elance.com, getafreelancer.com and guru.com. Some of these sites offer free memberships, some are paid sites with a nominal fee charged to members who want to bid to do work, and some offer both free and paid memberships. Free memberships are also sometimes limited to a certain amount of bids per month and if you want to exceed that number of bids you must upgrade to a paying membership.
2) Spec writing is another way to find money for starting an internet business. Simply put, spec writing is finding a topic that a lot of people are interested in, doing some research and writing about the subject. Articles, reports and e-books are always in demand from internet marketers who need subject matter, or content, to promote. When you find an in demand subject, do some research and compile your own writing on the topic. Write 10 articles, create a short report of 30 pages or less, and/or write an e-book of 30 pages or more. There are three excellent places to sell this content to people who are looking to buy it. These three places are the Warrior forum, Sitepoint and DigitalPoint Forums. If you don’t know how to find a subject that is in-demand you can find the answers on these forums too.
3) Another great way to make money for starting an internet business is to use eBay. Most people have at least $500.00 worth of stuff lying around their own house that they can sell to make a bit of cash, but if you’re the proverbial “pack rat” and just can’t bear to part with things, here is a little tip. Go to freecycle.org. This site is full of people giving away stuff in excellent condition. Find some stuff on there, go pick it up, take a digital picture and create an eBay listing for it. Plus, if you don’t want to go through the hassle of setting up an eBay account or creating a listing, have a garage sale. Just pick up as much stuff as you can from Freecycle and have a big yard sale.
4) Craigslist is another place you can sell these items. Just set up an account on Craigslist and start listing your items for sale. Be sure to offer really good prices. Remember, you got this stuff for free, so sell it cheap and make money fast. You are only trying to raise enough money for starting an online business. You aren’t trying to buy Google, so keep it simple.
5) Freecycle.org also has another opportunity for you to make money fast and it’s so simple. First, you need to balance offers and wanted ads. If you are only replying to what people are giving away you’re fine. But if you want something specific you can post a wanted ad. The catch is that you have to post offers as much as you posted wanted ads. So post your coupons from the Sunday paper or the junk mail you get. Believe it or not, there are people who will come to pick up these things. Also, anything that didn’t sell on eBay or at your garage sale would be good as well. This technique can also be incorporated into another eBay tactic, which is to use eBay’s wanted section to find stuff people are looking for and then go to Freecycle and post a wanted ad. When you get what you were looking for, contact the eBay member and tell them you have what they want and strike a deal, and get the money for starting an internet home business that will free up your time and give you a better quality of life.
Making money fast so you can start an internet business can be very simple to do. Online businesses typically have a very low cost of entry so you won’t need much money to get started.